$40 which includes pair of inlet hoses. We do not reuse old hoses for liability purposes. If stacking kit installation is necessary $20 applies (stacking kit not included). Potential additional charges apply if installation goes beyond the scope of work listed below.
To ensure proper installation it is your responsibility to meet the below requirements otherwise Mud To Sky reserves the right to refuse doing the installation or if possible will fix the issues where possible and charge for the labour and parts. Our install team are not licensed plumbers, electricians or carpenters so will only operate within their scope of expertise. If any of these specialized services are required we may offer them in your area. Check by clicking on our Home Services page.
- A water heater set to 120° F (49° C)
- A grounded electrical outlet located within 6 ft (1.8 m) of power cord on back of washer.
- Hot and cold water faucets located within 4 ft (1.2 m) of hot and cold water fill valves on washer, and water pressure of 20-100 psi (137.9-689.6 kPa).
- A level floor with maximum slope of 1" (25 mm) under entire washer. Installing on carpet or surfaces with foam backing is not recommended.
- Floor must support washer’s total weight (with water and load) of 315 lbs (143 kgs).
IMPORTANT: We do not install, store or operate washer where it will be exposed to weather or in temperatures below 32° F (0° C). Water remaining in washer after use may cause damage in low temperatures.
DRAIN SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
4.5" (114 mm)
Minimum diameter for a standpipe drain: 2" (51 mm). Minimum carry-away capacity: 17 gal. (64 L) per minute. Top of standpipe must be at least 30" (762 mm) high; to be installed no higher than 96" (2.44 m) from bottom of washer. If you have an overhead sewer and need to pump higher than 96" (2.44 m), a sump pump and associated hardware are needed.
Floor drain system requires a Siphon Break Kit (Call us to order), 2 Connector Kits (Call us to order) and an Extension Drain Hose (Call us to order) that may be purchased separately. Minimum siphon break height: 28" (710 mm) from bottom of washer. (Additional hoses may be needed.)
- A 120 volt, 60 Hz., AC only, 15- or 20-amp, fused electrical supply is required. A time-delay fuse or circuit breaker is recommended. It is recommended that a separate circuit breaker serving only this appliance be provided.
- The washer is equipped with a power supply cord having a 3 prong grounding plug.
- To minimize possible shock hazard, the cord must be plugged into a mating, 3 prong, grounding-type outlet, grounded in accordance with local codes and ordinances. If a mating outlet is not available, it is the personal responsibility and obligation of the customer to have the properly grounded outlet installed by a qualified electrician.
- If codes permit and a separate ground wire is used, it is recommended that a qualified electrician determine that the ground path is adequate.
- Do not ground to a gas pipe.
- Check with a qualified electrician if you are not sure the washer is properly grounded.
- Do not have a fuse in the neutral or ground circuit.
INSTALLATION SCOPE OF WORK
- Remove and Dispose of all shipping materials to ensure proper operation
- Locate and remove transport bolts from washer (If applicable)
- Cover bolt holes with transport bolt hole plugs (if product comes with transport bolts)
- Shut off water to unit
- Attach drain hose to drain port
- Place drain hose in standpipe (Drain hose form must be used. Click here to purchase if you do not have one)
- Connect inlet hoses to water faucets (New Inlet Hoses must be used. We will not install washers using old hoses for liability purposes. Click here to purchase Inlet Hoses)
- Clear Water Lines (Our delivery guys will bring a bucket to empty water)
- Connect inlet hoses to washer
- Check for leaks by turning on water faucets
- Secure Drain Hose to laundry tub leg, drain standpipe, or inlet hoses for wall standpipe with cable tie (We will supply cable tie)
- Level washer by adjusting leveling feet up or down as necessary
- Tighten leveling feet
- Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet
- Run test cycle on unit
Please also note that in the event of below zero weather conditions on the day of delivery the washer cannot be used for up to 10 hours after delivery. This is because the outer drum holds water (to keep the pump and rubber seal lubricated) and the water will be frozen upon delivery. If you want to test on site, please have a heater present to defrost washer.
*ALL INFORMATION LISTED ON THIS PAGE HAS BEEN SOURCED FROM A MANUFACTURER (WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION REFERENCED BELOW) AND HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO SUIT OUR PURPOSES. ALTHOUGH DRYER MODELS VARY, THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS AND SCOPE OF WORK REMAIN THE SAME.
Whirlpool Corporation. (2017). MHW3500FW: Installation Guide. Retrieved from https://www.whirlpool.ca/content/dam/global/documents/201309/installation-instructions-W10631155-RevA.pdf