$100 for basic installation which includes install kit. Every situation is different and must be viewed by installer. (Please click here to understand charges)
Potential additional charges apply if installation goes beyond the scope of work listed below.
To ensure proper installation it is your responsibility to meet the below requirements otherwise Mud To Sky reserves the right to refuse doing the installation or if possible will fix the issues where possible and charge for the labour and parts. Our install team are not licensed plumbers, electricians or carpenters so will only operate within their scope of expertise. If any of these specialized services are required we may offer them in your area. Check by clicking on our Home Services page
Dishwasher must be fully enclosed (top, sides, back, and floor) upon installation. A side panel kit is available from for installing your dishwasher at the end of your cabinetry. (Click here to buy the side panel kit)
An optional moisture barrier accessory is also available for installing underneath a wooden countertop. (Click here to buy the moisture barrier).
Check location where dishwasher will be installed. The location must provide:
- Convenient access for loading and unloading dishes. Corner locations require a 2" (51 mm) minimum clearance between the side of the dishwasher door and the wall or cabinet.
- Easy access to water, electricity, and drain:
- Grounded electrical supply is required.
- The dishwasher may have a water heating feature so may require a connection to a hot water supply line. (Check the specs of your product)
- Make sure pipes, wires and drain hose are within the shaded area shown in the diagram below.
- We will not run drain lines, water lines, or electrical wiring where they can interfere with or contact dishwasher motor or legs.
- The dishwasher and water lines leading to dishwasher must be protected against freezing. Damage from freezing is not covered by the warranty. NOTE: If dishwasher will be left unused for a period of time or in a location where it may be subject to freezing, have it winterized by authorized service personnel.
- If being installed in new construction, flush the water supply line of debris before connecting it to the fill valve. If it is not flushed, debris from the water supply could plug the fill valve screen.
- A square opening for proper operation and appearance
- The cabinet front to be perpendicular to floor
- A level floor Helpful Hint: If floor at front of opening is not level with floor at rear of opening, shims may be used to level dishwasher. NOTE: To avoid shifting during dishwasher operation, shims must be securely attached to the floor.
- The location where the dishwasher will be installed must provide clearance between motor and flooring. Motor should not touch the floor.
- Floor covering cannot be carpet.
- A drain hose is supplied with your dishwasher. If the drain hose is not long enough, use a new drain hose with a maximum length of 12 ft (3.7 m) that meets all current AHAM/ IAPMO test standards, is resistant to heat and detergent, and fits the 1" (25 mm) drain connector of the dishwasher. (To order the hose click here). NOTE: We do not connect multiple drain hoses together.
- Make sure to connect drain hose to waste tee or disposer inlet above drain trap in house plumbing and 20" (508 mm) minimum above the floor. It is recommended that the drain hose either be looped up and securely fastened to the underside of the counter or be connected to an air gap.
- Make sure to use an air gap if the drain hose is connected to house plumbing lower than 20" (508 mm) above subfloor or floor.
WATER SUPPLY REQUIREMENTS
- This dishwasher may have a water heating feature and may require a connection to a hot water supply line. (Check the specs of your dishwasher)
- A hot water line with 20 to 120 psi (138 to 862 kPa) water pressure can be verified by a licensed plumber.
- 120°F (49°C) water at dishwasher
- 3 /8" O.D. copper tubing with compression fitting or flexible braided water supply line. (To order parts click here). NOTE: 1 /2" minimum plastic tubing is not recommended.
- A 90° elbow with 3 /4" hose connection with rubber washer. (To order part click here)
- Do not solder within 6" (152 mm) of the water inlet valve.
- If installed in new construction, make sure the house water supply lines have been flushed prior to connecting the dishwasher to remove any debris that may exist in the supply line. NOTE: If replacing an existing dishwasher, it is recommended to install a new water line (see the “Tools and Parts” section at the front of the guide for part details) and drain hose (supplied) with the new dishwasher.
Be sure that the electrical connection and wire size are adequate and in conformance with the National Electrical Code, ANSI/NFPA 70 - latest edition, and all local codes and ordinances. A copy of the above code standards can be obtained from: National Fire Protection Association 1 Batterymarch Park Quincy, MA 02169-7471
You Must Have:
- 120-volt, 60 Hz, AC-only, 15- or 20-amp, fused electrical supply
- Copper wire only
- A maximum of 2 field wiring supply conductors (12 AWG largest size) plus 1 grounding conductor are permitted in the terminal box.
- A time-delay fuse or circuit breaker
- A separate circuit
If Connecting Dishwasher with a Power Cord:
- Use UL Listed power cord kit marked for use with dishwasher. See the “Tools and Parts” section at the front of the guide for part details and orders.
- Plug into a grounded 3 prong outlet. Outlet must meet all local codes and ordinances.
If Connecting Dishwasher with Direct Wiring:
- Use flexible, armored, or nonmetallic sheathed copper wire with grounding wire that meets the wiring requirements for your home and local codes and ordinances.
- Use a UL Listed/CSA Approved metallic strain relief. See the “Tools and Parts” section at the front of the guide for part details and orders.
INSTALLATION SCOPE OF WORK
- Disconnect electrical power at the fuse box or circuit breaker box before installation
- Shut off water supply to dishwasher
- Drill a 11 /2" (38 mm) drain hose hole in the side or rear of cabinet, depending on location of drain hose routing and drain hose connection location.
- Drill a 1 /2" (12.7 mm) water supply hose hole in the side or rear of cabinet, depending on location of water supply routing and connection location
- Drill a 11 /2" (38 mm) electrical conduit hole in the right-hand side or rear of cabinet.
- Sand holes smooth
- Install optional moisture barrier: Recommended for wood countertops (Click Here to Purchase)
- Add shims as needed to bring the dishwasher up to 24” (864 mm) below the countertop
- Remove foam block (if applicable)
- Route cable from power supply through cabinet hose (if direct wire)
- Put dishwasher on its back and remove access panel
- Measure cabinet opening and adjust wheels and legs as needed for cabinet opening height
- Remove plastic rail cover (only on certain models)
- Connect water line to fill valve
- Slide nut and ferrule onto tubing (copper tubing only)
- Add 90 degree elbow fitting to the water supply line
- Tighten 90 degree elbow fitting to valve
- Connect drain hose
- Slide clamp onto connector
- Hose clamp final position
- Remove terminal box (if removing a previous dishwasher with a power cord, we will need to transfer the power cord to the new dishwasher)
- Install Strain Relief (Order here)
- If power cord: Route cord into terminal box, connect ground wire, connect remaining wires, secure cord on strain relief and reinstall terminal box cover and wires
- If direct wire connection: Remove terminal box, remove cover, unclip green, white and black wires, install strain relief, connect ground wire, connect remaining wires and reinstall terminal box cover and wires
- Install door handle
- Stand dishwasher upright and move dishwasher close to cabinet and route power cord
- Secure insulation blanket (If applicable)
- Attach to Countertop or side
- Check for plumb and adjust legs if needed
- Check door clearance
- Attach water supply line
- Connect drain hose
- Power supply cord and reconnect power
- Reinstall access panel and fasteners
- Check access panel edge touches floor
- Tighten fasteners
*ALL INFORMATION LISTED ON THIS PAGE HAS BEEN SOURCED FROM A MANUFACTURER (WHIRLPOOL CORPORATION REFERENCED BELOW) AND HAS BEEN MODIFIED TO SUIT OUR PURPOSES. ALTHOUGH DRYER MODELS VARY, THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS AND SCOPE OF WORK REMAIN THE SAME.
Whirlpool Corporation. (2017). WDF760SADM: Installation Instructions. Retrieved from https://www.whirlpool.ca/content/dam/global/documents/201607/installation-instructions-W10806906-RevE.pdf